One way to assess good on-screen chemistry is by how long the romance between two actors remains with us after the show ends. Here are nine TV love flings which were extremely unhealthy for the characters, but have remained with us ever since – only proving the quality of the writing and acting, as well as the three-dimensional nature of the portrayal.
1. Aria Montgomery and Ezra Fitz in Pretty Little Liars
These two played upon many people’s fantasies of wanting a relationship with their teacher.
Source: Pretty Little Liars Wiki
2. Raymond and Debra in Everybody Loves Raymond
A couple that fought like cats and dogs, Raymond was a mama’s boy, while Marie literally barged into their home and hated Debra. No fan expected them to last more than one season, but they did.
3. Blair Waldorf and Chuck Bass in Gossip Girl
From the outside, they looked like the perfect elite couple of New York City, but they were actually unfaithful and mean to one another, as well as extremely manipulative.
Source: Gossip Girl Wiki
4. Dan Humphrey and Serena van der Woodsen in Gossip Girl
This on-again, off-again couple was not only annoying, but they were step-siblings which made things even more awkward.
Source: Tumblr | blakelivelyismyqueen
5. Ross and Rachel in Friends, the mother of all unhealthy on-screen flings
They were never a good match for each other despite loving one another. Ross’ was too book-smart but not enough street-smart, while Rachel was naive and spoiled.
Source: Tumblr | towrossandrachel
6. Cersei Lannister and Jaime Lannister in Game Of Thrones
Twins might have a special and unexplainable relationship, but this incestuous relationship is one of the most radical we have seen on television, as most things GoT.
Source: Game of Thrones Wiki
7. Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow in Game of Thrones
Another incestuous connection from Game Of Thrones, this between Jon and his aunt.
Source: Instagram | @kitharingtonig
8. Doug and Carrie Heffernan in King Of Queens
The main couple in the New York City-based sitcom was known for their constant bickering. She hated his diet and self-centeredness, and he hated her obsession with materialistic things.
9. Marissa Cooper and Ryan Atwood from The O.C.
These two hotties were expected to be perfect for one another, but they ended up being everything but, with their relationship being draining and tiring to watch.