I think we can all agree that a restaurant is only as good as the way they present food, and I think you’ll agree that while the taste of the food is important, presentation is just so. And while most restaurants that charge a decent amount for the stuff they serve know how to present it, some restaurants go way overboard and in the end it just seems pretentious and exaggerated. Here’s a gallery of 20 such food presentations, as brought to us by Bored Panda.
1. Bookcase breakfast
2. Milkshake and cake slices
3. Scotch egg in a trophy
With a piece of bacon thrown in there for good measure.
4. Now this is just too much
5. Everything you can possibly think of
It’s all here.
6. This Barbie’s dress is made of salami
7. Fish and chips on a ferris wheel
8. Orange juice?
Yeah, sure, make the customer make the juice themselves in the process…
9. Plates are too mainstream
10. All this for a strawberry cut in half
11. This dessert was served on a porcelain horse
12. A hugely tall burger with a sword stabbed through it
13. Olives served on a silver spoon and under an olive tree
Albeit a miniature one.
14. Coffee inside a carrot
I’m gonna assume that this doesn’t taste very nice.
Source: Locals Corner
15. A salad served inside a frozen hand
16. This is a apparently a Caesar salad
17. Chicken tikka staircase
18. There’s food in there! I swear!
19. This drink is served inside a light bulb
On top of an inflatable flamingo.