Puberty was a pretty tough time for a lot of people. Your hormones are getting speeding tickets to the wall, same goes for your body hair and… well, certain other parts I’m not allowed to comment on. And out of those “a lot of people”, a lot of them will remember puberty as either one of the absolute worst or best periods of their life.
No matter what it is, there are quite a few things that anyone who went through puberty will remember, and here are a few.
1. Getting glasses
Before glasses were cool, like they are nowadays, we all dreaded the day when we had to go to the doctor and we got told that we need to wear glasses.
2. The wait to get contacts was even more devastating
Contacts were just sweet freedom, compared to glasses.
3. Brace yourself, world!
Most of us were unlucky enough to be born with messy teeth, which is why we needed to go through the nightmare that was braces. Imagine all the ruined days of sharing popcorn with your crush at the cinema, or pizza at a slumber party.
4. Skin care
Puberty in most cases means acne, and lots of it. Our faces become a mess, and we would just end up spending a ton of cash to fix the messy areas.
Source:DIY Health Remedy
5. Soul-sucking school pictures
They would always turn out worse than what we wanted, ultimately leading to hating ourselves after seeing the final picture.
6. Hair wasn’t really taken care of all that much
7. Blooming really early or really late
In puberty, you either get your boobs at like 12, or you have to wait until the very end until they grow, and even when they do, they might stay small.
8. Finding an old picture of yourself and shuddering
“Mom, is this really me? You’re kidding, right?” I can just imagine how many kids have said this sentence after seeing old pictures of themselves.
9. Or Facebook memories do the finding for you.
10. People don’t believe that those old photos are actually you
“LMAO, that’s a little boy!”
“No, that’s ME!!!”
11. Boys who bullied you at school are now trying to text you
Sorry dude, there’s not enough space.
12. Revenge on those boys that were total jerks to you
13. An accurate representation of trendy early 2000s makeup
This is before highlighters and blending brushes were a thing, people.
14. Graphic T and Gauchos, anyone?
15. Now this is relationship goals right here. Still together after such a long time.
15. Best friends grow up
Look how gorgeous they all are after growing up!
Source: Instagram | @relationships.usa
16. Or, just glowin’ up for yourself
Source: Instagram | @netflixbums
The days of puberty are behind you now, but it’s kinda fun to go back and remind yourself how it was back in those days.