With age a lot of things change, especially people. You gradually start to get wrinkles, gray hair, you tend to get wiser hopefully, and the list goes on. But remember that one thing you will always carry and that will stay true, is your identity.
Photographer Jan Langer, captured a dozen Czech centenarians for his project “Faces Of Century” and compared the pictures of when they were young and when they were over 100 years old.
“This set of comparative photos explores the similarities and the differences in appearance and in physionomy,” Langer writes about his project. “The characteristics of personality change throughout life but it seems as if individual nature remains rooted in the abyss of time.”
See the portraits below and enjoy!
More info: janlanger.net (h/t)
1. Marie Burešová, 23 years old (wedding), 101 years old
2. Antonín Kovář, 25 years old (Bandmaster of his own band), 102 years old
3. Vlasta Čížková, 23 years old (finished girl high school), 101 years old
4. Marie Fejfarová, her personal history was burnt; on the right 101 years old
5. Antonín Baldrman, 17 years old (Skilled Locksmith), 101 years old
6. Prokop Vejdělek, 22 years old (oath of Enlistment), 101 years old
7. Bedřiška Köhlerová, 26 years old (wedding), 103 years old
8. Anna Pochobradská, around 30 years old, 100 years old
9. Ludmila Vysloužilová, 23 years old, 101 years old
10. Stanislav Spáčil, 17 years old (skilled electrician), 102 years old
11. Vincenc Jetelina, 30 years old (finished his house), 105 years old
12. Ludvík Chybík, 20 years old (skilled confectioner), 102 years old
13. Anna Vašinová, 22 years old (after wedding), 102 years old
It’s such a nice thing to live to an old age.