You’ve probably encountered the term “catfish” a lot of times on the internet. But what is it? Catfish is essentially the art of creating an alternate online persona to trick people into emotional or romantic relationships, often over a long period of time.
While it seems like a totally evil thing to do, the motivation for doing this can vary. Whether it would be revenge, loneliness or just simple curiosity.
Here are a few of the best examples of catfishers we’ve ever encountered.
1. She totally played along
Source: Instagram | _fabolous93085
2. Caught red-handed
Source: Twitter | @fwjayde
3. Proof that anyone can look good in heels
4. Jake Gyllenhaal and Amy Schumer.
5. A mom who just wanted to be cool
Source: Twitter | @carterstoll
7. The guy who dated a guy
Source: Reddit | LascielCoin
8. Anyone who gets contacted by the show Catfish
9. Georgina Sparks
10. He forgot it was a generic football picture
Source: Twitter | @richardsonnnn
11. That’s not a good thing to say about yourself, now is it?
Source: Twitter | @Its_Just_Eriq
12. Taking the whole thing literally
Source: Imgur | hannathewise
13. Any friend who is willing to fake an entire identity
Source: Twitter | @bigfannybrandi
14. Bart Simpson catfishing his teacher
Source: Imgur | Jackthebodiless
15. The creators of Catfish
Have you ever been catfished? Share your experience down in the comments!