Many people think that being a country’s President is the hardest job in the world, but a lot of mothers would protest and say “Try being a mom for one day!” French artist, illustrator, and above all a parent, Natalie Jomard, has an interesting way of showing what it’s like to be a mother. The blogger illustrates the humor and sarcasm included in the daily life of a mother in the funniest of ways.
From huge body changes to not being able to go to the bathroom in peace, Natalie also includes other stages of maternity. Her illustrations are a great eye-opener for people who don’t appreciate mothers and here is a collection of the best ones by BoredPanda.
More info: nathaliejomard.com | Instagram
1. When you want some peace sitting on the toilet, but you can’t get it
2. Breastfeeding, the very first time
A real nightmare.
3. Nothing fits anymore
4. Trying to act like a normal person… until this happens.
5. When you realize books have no clue about feeding your baby
So you decide to create your own methods.
6. Intimacy between partners becomes the exceptions, not the rule
7. What weekend mornings look like when your child wakes up at 5 am
8. Never underestimate the mess your baby can make
9. The best toys are random items. Bet you never knew that until now…
10. They really don’t care about you feeling pain
11. Being a mother feels like becoming a professional juggler
12. Potty training is not going to be easy
13. Protecting your child from the sun is beyond important
14. Wearing a bikini after giving birth is shocking
15. Feeding your child means frustration for both of you
16. You’re forced to eat broccoli to set a good example for your kids
“I do not like broccoli. And I haven’t liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I’m President of the United States and I’m not going to eat any more broccoli.” – George H. W. Bush
17. Mother = ultimate multitasker
18. Pregnancy problems – reaching your feet
19. Trying to work while being exhausted has become a routine
20. Looking answers in every book that comes in hands
21. Finding your valuables in the most unexpected places…
22. Pregnancy – feeling like a balloon all the time
23. You never know how to react when your child’s pet dies
24. Trying to maintain authority is basically impossible
25. Changing your baby’s diaper… It’s not like in the books.
Source: Nathalie Jomard
Here are some other illustrations of what pregnancy looks like for women.