One item that every living room needs is the sofa. Or so we were taught to believe. Truth be told, there are lots of alternatives for the sometimes dreaded couch and they can bring a once boring room to flourish while bringing a smile to your face at the same time.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Daybed – it can serve to divide the room, plus it can look a lot more stylish
2. A big plain rug adorned with some fluffy sofa cushions
3. Accent chairs in various shapes, designs and colors
4. French it up with a chaise lounge
5. This will surely be the kids’ favorite: swing sofa!
6. Go even bolder with a hammock
7. Get a bit romantic with a bench sofa under that big window, with optional storage space in it for good measure
8. Come to think of it, bench sofa with storage is a good idea for other spaces too!
9. The couch can also be replaced with some cool and comfortable poufs
10. Get creative and don’t be afraid – like this couple who made their own flying carpet!