Humans keep trying to learn from their mistakes and be better and even though we might have moved ahead in the last few decades, some things have not changed. For example, double standards still exist in our society. Gender equality is confined to being just a phrase because women can be still viewed as objects or plastic dolls by some of their male counterparts.
Some things that are totally cool for men are considered weird for women. So, Kate Leth, a Canadian comic book creator’s artwork on “Double Standards”, went viral as it rang so true.
Check out the illustrations by the Canadian artist down below.
1. Women should act modestly
A man can scratch his ass on the street but a woman can’t rub her breast in public?
2. The one with the power can rule the world.
No one questions if rich people do anything wrong or create a nuisance.
3. Texting is also gender-biased.
Using certain emoticons can affect the perception of people, really?
4. People think they have the right to always comment on a woman’s look.
If she wears makeup every day, she is immediately asked to be natural. On the other hand, if she chooses to go without it, she is still questioned for her looks.
5. They mourn only when a condition is favorable to them.
6. A woman’s body should be perfect.
7. Gender bias is definitely a common issue.
Why can’t people change their outlook towards men?
8. Every person has the right to marry.
Marriage is a sole right to every individual!
9. I totally disagree with this lock and key concept.
If you guys agree with these illustrations, make sure to share them with your friends and family.