The standard operating procedures at fast food joints leave numerous loopholes that a knowing customer can use to get better and cheaper versions of their favorite items, as well as save money. If you don’t mind a little junk food now and then, check out these thirty-two secrets that you can always fall back on in most large American fast food chains.
1. Ask for your Starbucks drink in an upgraded cup to prevent it from spilling
2. By customizing your Burger King burger, you’ll get a fresh-from-the-grill patty instead of a potentially stale one
3. The best bun on the McDonald’s menu is the steamed, soft and fluffy Filet-O-Fish bun. Ask to swap out regulars for this delicious one instead
4. Usually, one half of a Subway sub is drenched in sauce, while the other half is left dry. You can avoid this imbalance by carrying your sub as shown
5. At Starbucks, ask for a Venti cup filled with water if you want to save on bottled water as this is free
6. Buying McDonald’s chicken nuggets in quantities of four is actually cheaper than buying them in bulk, plus you’ll get more dipping sauces
7. You can flip back one side of your fries carton to strategically place your ketchup
8. Ask for any of your Taco Bell favorites to be grilled a second time to make them crunchier
Source: Instagram | @tacobell
9. Ask for equal portions of chicken and steak on your Chipotle burrito to get more meat for the exact same price
10. Many smoothie-lovers are unaware that Jamba Juice employees are required to abide by substitution requests. The options are basically endless.
11. Most fast food joints have unofficial items. Simply research what secret menu goodies your favorite restaurants have to offer, and order away!
12. The best tip for getting fresh, hot, fast food is by going during rush times. You’re more likely to get a better meal at noon than at 3 p.m.
13. Although it isn’t on the menu, there is such thing as an apple pie McFlurry at McDonald’s. And yes, it involves crushed up pieces of their delicious apple pie
14. If you ask for fries without salt on them at McDonald’s, they’ll have to make you a fresh batch of fries!
15. You can add rice to any order at Chipotle for free
16. If you ask for an “old cut style” at Subway, they’ll cut a deep V into the bread instead of the usual horizontal slice which will ensure your toppings don’t fall out the sides!
17. The sleeve on your Starbucks cup can double as a handy place to store your splash stick
18. Some McDonald’s breakfast sandwiches come made with folded eggs. Ask for a round egg instead – it will be far fresher
19. You can get more coffee at Starbucks by asking for light ice in your iced coffee
20. When Monopoly season comes, order large tap waters to get free tickets at McDonald’s
21. Save between $2.30-$2.50 on a Big Mac by simply ordering a Double Cheeseburger (or McDouble) and replacing the ketchup and mustard with pickles, extra lettuce, and special sauce
22. Get more beef at Arby’s by ordering two junior roast beef sandwiches instead of one regular roast beef sandwich
23. You can save money on Domino’s Honolulu Hawaiian Pizza by ordering a large three-topping pizza with pineapple, ham, and bacon instead – you can add the shredded parmesan asiago and roasted red peppers as additional toppings
24. Order your burger “Off the Broiler” at Burger King to get a patty that hasn’t been sitting in a warming tray
25. Instead of the Philly Cheese Steak, order the Double Steak and Cheese at Subway to get more meat for less – if you order it on a flatbread, you’ll get a longer sandwich, too
26. You can substitute fudge for the regular syrup in the McDonald’s mocha frappe
27. If you take the customer service survey at Krispy Kreme you will get a code for a free donut!
28. At Jack-In-The-Box, order two Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers off the value menu to get a less expensive version of the Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger
29. You can get a cheaper Starbucks iced latte by ordering a double-shot of espresso over ice, and loading up your own milk and sugar
30. Maximize your Chipotle order by ordering a burrito bowl with double wrap (two tortillas) on the side, both kinds of rice, types of beans, half of two meats, fajita veggies, and corn salsa
31. Get the Triple Layer Nachos without beans or sauce instead of the Chips and Cheese at Taco Bell to get more chips, with the cheese already poured over them
Source: Facebook | Taco Bell
32. Rather than creating your own smoothie from scratch at Jamba Juice, just substitute strawberries for blueberries if that’s what you’re in the mood for