There are a ton of things that modern society is incredibly guilty of, one quite representative being double standards. For those of you that don’t know, double standards is the art (!) of applying different principles to two similar subjects, regardless of what they may be. Present day society is extremely guilty of this, and these comic illustrations should give you a perfect idea of what double standards really mean.
1. Even though displaying breasts to sell bras is fine
Breastfeeding your baby in public is not. There’s not really much I can argue about here.
2. Every girl is judged based on what outfit she wears
Meaning, wear whatever you want and give zero f****s.
3. Helen doesn’t seem to be bothered about what he has to say
4. Boys vs. girls in high school
It seems that while it’s fine for the boys to do stuff like this, girls get panned by everyone around them.
5. Sexualizing women’s armor
Ever played a video game which is set in medieval times and features female characters? For some reason, the starter character seems relatively normal, but maxed out armor can sometimes give you a basically nude characters, and movies also do the same thing.
6. Compliments from men with different body types
A hot guy can compliment a girl’s appearance, and she’d be thrilled. But an unattractive guy compliments a girl’s appearance and he will get smoked.
7. Body shaming
I cannot stress enough how much of a problem this is nowadays. Everyone gets body shamed for either being too skinny or too fat.
8. People get judged on what they wear
You wear a Batman or Superman logo shirt? You’re a geek.
You wear high top sneakers? Poser basketball player. Skate shoes? Poser skater.
9. How parents are treated in public
10. The names people get called based on their gender
11. How people are treated for their math knowledge depending on their gender
12. Food love
If you’re a skinny girl, you won’t get judged for loving and eating a ton of food. But if you’re just a bit larger, you’ll get crap thrown in your face all the time.
13. You have to agree with a woman
Or otherwise you get your face knocked out or something.
14. How girls are judged for not wearing makeup
Seriously, guys, everyone is beautiful even without makeup, especially celebs. Stop doing this.
20. And finally
Arguably the biggest problem…