The struggle is all too familiar to me when you see your newborn sibling take your place in your mom’s embrace! I am the oldest of two by six years, and the horror of having to wait for my mom to come back to me from the hospital was unforgettable.
Don’t even get me started on that little baby she brought back with her….
Of course, this is the thought process of the six-year-old me who didn’t know what was happening.
Today, my sister is the only bright thing to be happening to me on certain days. That girl can make me laugh like no one I know! She knows me too well since we’ve shared a room for more than 15 years.
We’ve laughed and cried through the same season finales.
She would steal my clothes and stain them, folding them back in the wardrobe instead of taking them to the cleaners.
We would plot against our parents when they would take us to visit our long-lost cousins.
Oh, how I love her!
Here is a collection of a couple of hilarious reactions of kids expecting and reacting to their new-born siblings!
1. Your Deepest Wishes and the Outcome
2. Start the Countdown
3. Malcolm in the Middle
4. “Hey, hi, new baby! I wish you all the best!”
5. Exactly how I felt being taken to see my new-born sister….
6. Middle Child Neurosis Taking Root
8. Getting to know each other.
9. The moment you realize your toys and now theirs
10. Gender Reveal Party. Not quite fun for some.
12. Do I really have to, mom?!
13. Really, do I?
14. Great! Two more I have to share everything with!
15. The love-hate relationship here is out of this world!