Do you ever wonder what the world would look like if Princess Diana were alive? She was the absolute epitome of beauty and generosity, but her life ended too soon in a tragic car accident in Paris on August 31st, 1997. Her death was the inspiration of many conspiracy theories, but we just know how much the world misses her never-ending smile and beauty. Her life in the Royal family and after her divorce from Prince Charles was full of events that many of us are not even aware of. She would have turned 56 in July this year.
The Princess was born on July 1st, 1961 and married Prince Charles at St. Paul’s Cathedral in the summer of 1981. Ever since then, she melted people’s hearts everywhere.
Here are some facts about this down-to-earth princess and what we think she’d be up to today if she were alive.
1. Diana’s older sister, Sarah, is the reason Prince Charles and Diana met, as she was the one dating him.
However, their relationship did not work out well. She even told a reporter: ‘I am not in love with Prince Charles.’
2. Diana had a picture of the Prince above her bed at boarding school.
She seemed to really like him.
3. Diana was 16-years-old when she met Charles.
The prince was 28 at the time. According to Vogue magazine, Diana was thrilled and told her music teacher all about the event.
4. They started dating when Diana was 18.
Only two years after, they started dating.
5. The prince proposed on February 6th, 1981.
However, their engagement was kept secret for the next few weeks.
6. Diana picked an engagement ring consisting of 14 solitaire diamonds, that surrounded a 12-carat oval blue Ceylon sapphire set in 18-carat white gold.
This was the reason for a major scandal since she picked it from a catalog, instead of having it made by someone.
7. Her wedding dress was adorned with over 10,000 tiny mother of pearl sequins and pearls. It also included a 25-foot-long-train – the longest in royal history, as Vogue reported.
8. Using computer aging technology, people have created this picture of what she would have looked like today.
9. She changed the way children received their education in the royal family and insisted Prince William should attend nursery school in London.
10. She wanted her two boys to have a normal upbringing.
However, she would sometimes do things for them that were anything but ‘normal’. For example, she once invited Cindy Crawford to the palace for dinner because 13-year-old Prince William had a crush on the supermodel.
11. According to her personal chef, Darren McGrady, Diana had a very casual approach to how she treated her staff.
‘She would say, Darren, I need a coffee. Oh, you’re busy. I’ll make it. Do you want one?’
12. She divorced Prince Charles on August 28th, 1996.
She received a sum settlement of 17 million pounds, as well as 400,000 pounds per year.