I guess you probably heard the phrase by now “fighting like cats and dogs.” But there is some truth to the stereotype of cats and dog hating each other. Dogs are more social and playful while cats prefer their independence. With a little bit of luck and careful introductions the two can live together in relative harmony. You don’t have to choose if you’re a “dog person,” or “cat person” when you can be both.
Bored Panda compiled a list of pictures of cats and dogs living together that just didn’t get along. Along the way their natural instincts took over and they fought like, well, cats and dogs. Make sure to tell us which one is your favorite.
1. “Before and after my dog realizes I’m in the room.”
2. Kittens are scary sometimes
3. “My cat disapproves of human/dog love… I didn’t even know she could do that face.”
4. This kitten is not messing around
5. When evil doesn’t stop
6. “My cat discovered the dog bag.”
7. “My friend just got a German Shepard puppy. Asked how her cat is getting along with him,, and was sent this pic.”
8. Bastard cat
9. Poor owner. He just wants to watch the news…
10. Hey Look! Snow!
11. “Having a cone collar fitted at the vet was bad enough, then my dog had to come home to the cat.”
12. “I didn’t know I’d have to give up my dog when I got a cat. And by give up I mean the cat now owns the dog.”
13. His face says it all.
14. “Fiancée moved in and brought her dog. We were worried about the dog bullying the cats. We quickly realized the reverse was true.”
15. “My cat doesn’t like my dog, taking his hate to the next extreme.”