An 18-Day-Old Baby Passed Away After Contracting Meningitis From A Kiss • MetDaan

An 18-Day-Old Baby Passed Away After Contracting Meningitis From A Kiss

meningitis

A heartbroken mother has paid tribute to her baby daughter after she died from a virus doctors believe was spread through a kiss.

Mariana Reese Sifrit died aged only 18 days (not months, days) after a short battle with Meningitis HSV1, which doctors claim was passed on to her thanks to a kiss from someone carrying the virus.

Meningitis is getting a lot of attention in the media nowadays, but for those of you who don’t know what it is, here’s a quick rundown: an acute inflammation of the protective layers covering the brain, mutually named meninges. The most common symptoms are fever, headache, and neck stiffness. Other symptoms include confusion or altered consciousness, vomiting, and an inability to tolerate light or loud noises, and it’s most commonly caused by viruses, bacteria or microorganisms.

Mariana’s mother Nicole paid a touching tribute to her daughter on Facebook, claiming she’d made a ‘huge impact’ on the world in her short time here.

Mariana was born in West Des Moines, a relatively small town located in the southern US state of Iowa.

This is what Nicole wrote:

Our princess Mariana Reese Sifrit gained her angel wings at 8:41 am this morning in her daddy’s arms and her mommy right beside her.

She is now no longer suffering and is with the Lord. Thank you to everyone who has followed her journey and supported us through this.

In her 18 days of life she made a huge impact on the world and we hope with Mariana’s Story we save numerous newborns life. R.I.P. sweet angel.(sic)

Her parents, Nicole and Shane got married only six days after she was born, and just two hours after the marriage the parents had noticed that she stopped eating and responding.

Nicole and Shane rushed their daughter to Blank Children’s Hospital where they were told Mariana had the life-threatening Meningitis virus.

Her condition deteriorated and she unfortunately passed, and her parents both tested negative for the virus. Nicole has since warned parents to keep their babies isolated and to not let anyone visit them so that stuff like this doesn’t happen.

Source:unilad

To Top