Editorial credit: Tinseltown / Shutterstock.com
The oldest of the three Kardashian sisters, 37-year-old Kourtney, was born in Los Angeles, California. She was the first among them to become a parent and has been involved in various fashion projects with them, as well as releasing a book – Kardashian Konfidential – in 2010.
You probably knew all that, but we bring you 20 less known facts about Kourtney, most of which you probably haven’t heard.
1. When she was five years old, she broke her collarbone when she fell off a swing
2. After giving birth, Kourtney lost all the excess weight almost immediately by light exercise and an unprocessed diet. She managed to shed 35 lbs in two months.
3. Health-dedicated Kourtney always drinks ghee butter when she wakes up and eats steel-cut oats for breakfast every morning. She also follows a plant-based dairy-free diet.
4. Scott Disick is the father of Kourtney Kardashian’s three children. They met at a house party in 2006.
5. The couple separated in 2015 after nine years together. Scott wanted to propose in 2011, but changed his mind after Kourtney asked why would he want to change something that’s already perfect.
6. After the break-up, photos of Kourtney and Justin Bieber sparked rumors that they are dating. She denied anything other than friendship on the Ellen Degeneres Show.
7. She famously stated that she “didn’t know how much she could love until she gave birth”
8. During her childhood, she divided her time between her mother and father’s houses in Beverly Hills. They separated when she was 12.
9. While attending Marymount High, she discovered that she very much enjoyed making clothes on a sewing machine. She has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Theater from the University of Arizona and a minor in Spanish.
10. Kourtney initially wanted to follow in her father’s footsteps and become a lawyer, but she found out public speaking made her nervous. Upon graduation, she launched Smooch – a children’s boutique in Los Angeles.
11. She is terrified of spiders. After spotting one, she once avoided a certain bathroom for an entire month.
12. She admittedly hates surprises and doesn’t show emotions when confronted with one
13. She is the shortest of the Kardashian siblings, standing at five feet tall. Most of her clothing is tailored to her tiny frame.
14. Some of her favorite shows are Oprah, Sex and the City, I Love Lucy, and Saved By The Bell. Books that she enjoyed reading most are What To Expect The First Year, and The Prayer of Jabez, while movie favorites include My Fair Lady, The Notebook, Clueless, Pretty Woman, and Twilight.
15. Kourtney was the first one of the Kardashians to appear on a reality show. She guest starred on Filthy Rich Cattle Drive in 2004.
16. With her sisters they run the Virgins, Saints, & Angels jewelry line which takes inspiration from Armenian heritage and folklore
17. In addition to the reality TV, she also appeared on the ABC soap opera One Life To Live where she played Kassandra Kavanaugh. She admitted it was the realization of a childhood dream.
18. Partnered by her sisters, Kourtney has been involved in several Kardashian spin-offs: Kourtney & Kim Take Miami debuted in 2009 and ran for three seasons. Kourtney & Kim Take New York aired in 2011, followed by Kourtney & Khloe Take The Hamptons.
19. The Kardashian sisters have two book releases: Kardashian Konfidential came out in 2010 and Dollhouse was released in November 2011.
20. Kourtney’s net worth is estimated at $20.4 million