Thirty-seven-year-old businesswoman and socialite Kim Kardashian West is all over the media. She is basically the mother of scandals, but also the queen of unique fashion style and outfits. Some people detest her, yet, some adore her and her way of life. You may never consider her a feminist, but you are about to be proven wrong. Whether you think she’s an attention seeker or a business pioneer, you probably have a certain opinion about her. However, the following facts may change the seemingly “bad” opinion you have about her. As you will see, the Keeping Up With The Kardashians star, has proved herself to be a highly political individual.
1. She was political before world fame
Back in 2007 – and before we had seen the first series of Keeping Up With The Kardashians – Kim walked the streets wearing a pro-Obama t-shirt and was happily papped in it.
2. She praised Obama when he did things that she thought were right…
When Barack Obama publicly endorsed same-sex marriage in 2012, Kim took to her website to write a whole essay. She said:
“This is such a huge step forward in our country’s fight for civil rights and I hope that today this will give hope to so many young people across the country. We’ve never had a president so supportive of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and today I am proud to be an American! I am so happy that our country is making history and moving forward. No more living in the past!”
3. Kim went to criticise him when she didn’t agree with what he did
Kim wasn’t happy when Obama refused to acknowledge the Armenian Genocide. She wrote this:
“Now is the time to speak out, and every little bit helps. I will continue to ask the questions and fight for the genocide to be recognized for what it was. I would like President Obama to use the word genocide. It’s very disappointing he hasn’t used it as President. We thought it was going to happen this year. I feel like we’re close—but we’re definitely moving in the right direction.”
Today marks the 100 year anniversary of Armenian Genocide! I am proud to now say I have been to Armenia. pic.twitter.com/EKdJCE1Lzr
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) April 24, 2015
4. During the presidential campaign, Kim was a massive endorser of Hillary Clinton.
“I believe Hillary will best represent our country and is the most qualified for the job. This year I’m not just voting for myself, but also for my children, and I took that into careful consideration when I made my decision.”
5. She even supported the Women’s March
So proud of the women & men who stood up for what is right & are determined to make this world a better place for our children pic.twitter.com/c8XvfdMGpW
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) January 22, 2017
6. She didn’t miss a chance to stand against Trump for many issues, including the travel ban.
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) January 29, 2017
7. Also, his ban on transgender people being in the military
Banning transgender people from serving our country is simply wrong. We should be so grateful to anybody who wants to serve!
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) July 26, 2017
8. Here comes another one! He opposed to Trump’s plan to end the “Dreamers” program
I stand with the Dreamers…
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) September 6, 2017
9. She spread awareness on his handling of the hurricane in Puerto Rico
They don’t have power to watch the news!!! Please stop tweeting & golfing while people are dying! Please step up & help! https://t.co/AP8PnapWaO
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) September 30, 2017
10. Kim was quick to get involved in the fundraising process
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) October 14, 2017
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) August 29, 2017
This picture breaks my heart! I will be donating to Puerto Rico and help them get the food & water they desperately need. Please donate! pic.twitter.com/l3kOXifa1I
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) September 26, 2017
11. Upon hearing about cuts to Planned Parenthood funding, she visited their headquarters and gave support
My sisters and I visited Planned Parenthood recently and learned that the House of Representatives forced through a bill that strips health care coverage from millions of people and raises health care costs, including Planned Parenthood patients. 😢They are such an amazing place that provides so much to so many! #istandwithpp
12. In a recent interview, she was honest about her opinion of America. According to her, America was going “backwards”.
“Anyone can run the US better. My daughter would be better. We’ve worked so hard to get to where we were and to have so many things that we are so proud of in our country, to just literally revert backwards is the most frustrating thing. Every single day when you can’t really believe what’s going on, the next day it’s something else even more crazy and tragic. It’s really scary, the world that we’re living in now. And when you did feel safe at home, now with Trump in presidency, you just don’t feel safe any more.”
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) October 18, 2017
13. She is a passionate supporter for the Black Lives Matter movement.
Also, she is a believer in gun control.
14. Kim is involved with the organization Everytown and met families of gun violence victims.
This was filmed for an episode of KUWTK to raise awareness.
15. The day after the Las Vegas shooting, Kim tweeted about gun violence
Join the movement to end gun violence: Text ACT to 64433. pic.twitter.com/xN8a6vqkFx
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) October 2, 2017
16. She also asked for people to donate blood
Las Vegas needs blood donations! Please see all of the listed donation centers below pic.twitter.com/L8S4QslRh1
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) October 2, 2017
17. Kim posted this powerful image
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) October 4, 2017
18. She is interested in climate change and has become pretty vocal about it
Look at this little seahorse swimming in our polluted waters. This is the 🌎 we are creating. 📸 Justin Hoffman pic.twitter.com/3vXFMLngMw
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) September 23, 2017
19. Regarding that, she hopes that her kids grow up to respect the planet.
Writing on her app, Kim said:
“I hope that they learn to respect the planet at a younger age than I was when I learned to be aware.”
Kim reveals foods she can’t stand here.