2011 American romantic comedy movie Crazy Stupid Love, featuring the magnificent Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, among others, was a great success. The chemistry between these two was simply incredible. This is one of those movies that you watch yearly, at least. If you have not seen it yet, stop reading this article, watch it, and come back. That was a joke, but if you still want to do that, go on! Watch it. If you fell in love with all the chemistry and the great comedy in this movie, it’s time for yet another adventure. Here are some behind-the-scenes facts that you won’t learn from watching the movie.
Here are the most interesting ones:
1. What got Emma the role was the fact that she couldn’t care less about Ryan.
The other actresses were nervous at the sight of the handsome actor, but Emma was just cool. She even poked fun at him when he flubbed his line in the audition.
2. The filmmakers had such a hard time figuring out what to name the movie, they decided to give away an iPad to whoever could come up with the best title for it.
Source:We Are Movie Geeks
3. There are a bunch of Easter Eggs in the show like the fact that Robbie’s class is studying The Scarlet Letter. That little egg is a wink at Emma Stone’s previous movie, Easy A.
4. Another one is a reference to Steve Carell’s The Office, which is shown from Emily Weaver’s title, “Associate to the Vice President” instead of just “Associate Vice President.”
There are more to come!
5. When Robbie is deleting Jessica’s number from his phone, you can see another contact: Joey K, which is a wink and nod to Joey King.
She is the actress that plays Robbie’s younger sister, Molly.
6. Ryan and Steve’s character talk about getting “Mr. Miyagi’d” and Ryan grabs Steve’s nose and gives it a “honk.”
This is a reference to The Karate Kid, Part II.
7. Ryan said that he had wanted to work with Steve ever since he was 17 and watched Steve on set.
Steve Carell was SO hilarious that it actually caused problems on set. Sometimes people would just have laugh attacks.
Source: Carolyn Cole | Getty Images
8. The scene where they talk all night in the bedroom was unscripted.
The directors basically just put them in a bed together, poured a couple drinks, and let the actors improvise the whole thing. Amazeballs!
Source: Us Magazine
Ryan had one out-of-the-script suggestion.
9. The scene where Jacob lifts Hanna in that Dirty Dancing-esque way was actually not in the script.
That scene was Ryan’s idea.
10. Ryan was confident in it because he has been trained in ballet, and really wanted to do it.
Emma, however, was terrified he was going to drop her.
11. The film was shipped to theaters under a code name “First Date.”
12. Three out of four of the celebs in leading roles were up for Oscars in 2015: Steve Carell, Julianne Moore, and Emma Stone.
13. Ryan was told he would have to make drinks in the movie so he learned how.
14. Ryan said that once Emma signed on, he knew the movie would be really good.
“The whole thing really hinges on her character; my character has to give it all up for her and that has to make sense. Show me a man who wouldn’t give it all up for Emma Stone and I’ll show you a liar.”