Even the most famous and richest celebrities have their embarrassing moments. They, too, had to be on that yearbook photo we all hate. Adam Sandler isn’t an exception. To start with his look on his yearbook photo, 50-year-old actor Adam is more than hilarious. Over the last 20 or more years, he has been at the top of the comedy world releasing hilarious movie after hilarious movie. However, he started as a comedian form an early age, and that’s what we have to thank him for! He is making us laugh for years now! But there’s a lot we don’t know about the guy they call the Sandman. Check these facts and see for yourself.
1. He started performing as a stand-up comedian when he was 17.
There are even clips online of a much younger, less confident Sandler telling jokes in front of pretty small audiences. He is so cute!
Source: YouTube | FromTheEighties1
2. He attended NYU and graduated in 1988.
He enrolled in NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts. At the same time, he was improving his skills in the city’s many late-night comedy clubs.
3. After graduation he became a regular on the MTV game show Remote Control.
The show incorporated sketch comedy and trivia. It was in fact MTV’s first original program that didn’t revolve around music.
Source: Adam Sandler Fan Page
4. Rumor has it that in all his years of stand-up, Sandler has never written a joke.
Apparently Sandler likes to do it on stage, and doesn’t come up with any jokes until he’s in front of the audience. What a genius!
5. Sandler and Judd Apatow used to be roommates.
The two actually lived together in a cheap apartment where Sandler just slept on a mattress on the floor. Footage of their days together is featured in the intro to Apatow’s movie Funny People.
Source: Hollywood Reporter
6. He almost portrayed Willy Wonka in Tim Burton’s 2005 film.
He did make it to the final audition stages, but the iconic director eventually decided to go with his old pal Johnny Depp.
7. He used to date Alicia Silverstone.
It didn’t last long, but she did rock a full Happy Gilmore outfit at the film’s premiere.
Source:The Odyssey Online
8. His net worth is over 300M!
You wouldn’t know it by the way he dresses on all of his talk show appearances.
Source: Just Richest
9. His movies have grossed over a billion dollars worldwide.
That’s quite impressive.
10. He is a dog lover.
You may have seen his bulldog Meatball in films like Little Nicky, but did you know that his other dog Matzoball was actually in his wedding party?
11. His college professors told him that he’d never make it big.
Apparently, Sandler had trouble paying attention during lectures. Many of his instructors gave him negative evaluations. But look at him now!
Source: And Pop
12. He credits his father as a major comedic influence.
His father wasn’t funny, but he did have a temper. Sandler says that as a young kid, he used humor to get his father to calm down.
13. Almost all of the characters he plays has a name that ends in the letter Y.
Happy, Billy, Sonny, Whitey are but a few of them! In addition, almost all the love interests have names that start with the letter V. Veronica, Vicky, Virginia, Vanessa…