It’s amazing how films can entirely transform the look of an actor. But it is often forgotten by the viewers that characters may be a lot younger than the real actors. When people realize that, they are often shocked and confused. Game of Thrones characters are just some of the endless examples of characters who are younger than the actors. We are well-aware of how well actors can portray their character of a given age, and it is what gives us the thrill to continue watching.
Here is a collection of 12 actors who will have definitely fooled you when it comes to their age.
1. Peter Parker/Andrew Garfield in The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
Andrew Garfield is a great example of an actor who looks much younger than his age. While filming, he was 29, but Peter Parker is actually only 15 years old.
2. Daenerys Targaryen/Emilia Clarke in Game of Thrones (2011)
In the first season of Game of Thrones, Daenerys is only 13 years old. Remember the events in the first season? Not so pleasant for such a young girl! Clarke was actually 24 years old at the time. As of 2017, Clarke is 30 years old.
3. Holly Golightly/Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961)
Holly is a teen at 18 years old in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Hepburn was in fact 32 when she played the role. Amazing looks!
4. Frank Abagnale/Leonardo DiCaprio in Catch Me If You Can (2002)
Leo is well-known for his baby face and immense talent. His character in the film Catch Me If You Can is only 16 years old, while he was actually 28 at the time.
5. Jennifer Lawrence/Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games (2012)
In the first installment of the film franchise, Katniss is a 16-year-old teen. The actress is 24.
6. Danny Zuko/John Travolta in Grease (1978)
In Grease the rebel is between the ages of 16 and 17. John Travolta was actually 24 years old when he was filmed in the role.
7. Scarlett O’Hara/Vivien Leigh in Gone With the Wind (1939)
Vivien Leigh didn’t have a problem portraying the 16-year-old Scarlett because of her beautiful complexion. Leigh was 26 at the time.
8. Mikhail Rakitin/Ralph Fiennes in Two Women (2014)
Fiennes was 51 years old when he played Mikhail Rakitin, who is in fact, a 30-year-old.
9. Sean Bean/Eddard Stark in Game of Thrones (2011)
Ned Stark was 35 years old and was played by actor Sean Bean who was 52 years old at the time. Would you agree that Bean played the role perfectly?
10. Clu/Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy (2010)
Jeff Bridges played Clu, who is in his early 30s, when he himself was 61 years old. His character was nearly half his age!
11. Yentl/Barbara Streisand in Yentl (1983)
Streisand played 16-year-old Yentl when she was 41 years old. How awesome is that? ‘Only’ a 25-year difference. Cool!
12. Severus Snape/Alan Rickman in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (2001)
This talented actor was 55 years old when he portrayed Snape, who was 31 in the first installment of the Harry Potter series.