Although the Olympic fever is past gone, chances are that you can’t get enough of the fastest man in the world. The Jamaican 30-year-old sprinter has conquered the hearts of millions with his great success and fun behavior. Usain Bolt is more than an Olympic world records holder and there are facts of his life to be known yet. Many athletes have tried to come close to him, but none seem to beat his talent. The most iconic Olympic athlete of this generation has had a lot of success, but what about his personal life?
Here are some facts that not many people know about Usain Bolt.
1. He is the first person to ever win three consecutive 100m Olympic Gold Medals.
The Jamaica nation adores him for that.
Source: Olympic Rio 16
2. He said he won’t train anywhere else but in Jamaica.
He seems to have a special place for his country in his heart.
3. He’s the slowest runner on the track throughout the first 50m.
He doesn’t really pick up speed until the 60-80m mark.
4. He adopted a cheetah.
World’s fastest man cuddles with world’s fastest animal.
Source: India Times
5. He had a terrible diet during the 2008 Games in Beijing.
He admitted to eating somewhere around 100 McDonald’s chicken nuggets a day during the trip. That is far from good.
6. He suffers from scoliosis.
Believe it or not, Usain’s spine has a nasty curve to it. This happens quite often, especially to people who are very tall. He somehow still performs at an incredibly high level, though.
7. He is a real cricket fan.
As a little kid, he always cheered for the Pakistani team.
Source: India Today
8. He is one of only eight athletes to ever win a world championship at the youth, junior, and senior level of an athletic event.
This does not happen a lot.
Source: The Big Lead
9. As a child, he spent his time helping his parents run their grocery store.
He did this together with his brother and sister.
Source: Sporting News
10. He owns a restaurant called Tracks And Records.
It does look fancy.
Source: W Jamaica
11. He has never run a mile.
He has a rule that he will never run for that long. Also, he admits that he took up the 100m because it was less running.